GreenPro (Confederation of Indian Industry)
The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) works to create and sustain an environment conducive to the development of India, partnering with Industry, Government and civil society through advisory and consultative processes.
CII is a non-government, not-for-profit, industry-led and industry-managed organisation with over 9,000 members from the private and public sectors, including SMEs and MNCs, and an indirect membership of over 300,000 enterprises from 294 national and regional sectoral industry bodies.
With 62 offices, including 10 Centres of Excellence, in India and 8 overseas offices in Australia, Egypt, Germany, Indonesia, Singapore, UAE, UK, and the USA, as well as institutional partnerships with 394 counterpart organisations in 133 countries, CII serves as a reference point for Indian industry and the international business community.
GreenPro is a Type 1 Ecolabel that enables the end-users in the building and manufacturing sectors to choose sustainable products, materials, and technologies to reduce environmental impacts during the construction, operation, and maintenance of their buildings and factories.
GreenPro assesses ‘How Green is a product’ based on a holistic product life cycle framework and highlights the way forward to achieve excellence in environmental performance. So far, more than 4400 products and materials from 160+ leading manufacturers are Ecolabelled by GreenPro and are available in the market.
Benefits to Manufacturers:
- Differentiates the product from the competition – increases market reach-out
- Complements national and international standards
- Enables Green Product Innovation
- Easier to convince end users to adopt green products
- Benefits to Users
- Eliminates time and effort in carrying out due diligence for selecting green products
- Assures environmental performance of the products and equipment
- Ensures toxic and carcinogenic free products
- Enhances market reach with credible and precise information on Green features
GreenPro Ecolabel was peer-reviewed by Global Ecolabelling Network (GEN) and determined that GreenPro operates competently and in conformance with GENICES requirements.